Barlow Technology supply a range of Steel wheels and Tyres , through our European Partners
We can supply a range of different products, including:
- Crane Wheels
- Torpedo and Freight Wheels
- Wheels for Steel Plant Applications
- Trolley Wheels
- Pulley Sheaves
- Rope Wheels
- Wheel Blocks
We provide a range of services to our customers, including:
- Replacement Wheels and Tyres, exactly to customers specifications
- Fully equipped wheels, with Bearings, bearing housings and axles
- Wheels complete with ‘frozen in’ axles
- Full consultancy – we will take old wheels and remeasure. We then produce technical drawings, which can be used to manufacture new wheels and axles
How are they made?
The wheels that we supply, are some of the finest Steel Wheels in the world.
Our wheels are manufactured from a variety of different materials, dependent on customers requirement.
The wheels are made from blanks from some of the best Forgings in the world, meaning that the quality and also the working life of our wheels are far superior to that of our competitors.
We can supply Wheels in a wide variety of Hardnesses, by utilizing different forms of heat treatment. Examples are:
- Rim Quenching
- Flame Hardening
- Induction Hardening
Hardnesses of 450HB and higher can be achieved, to a depth of approx 12 mm.
Our Steel wheels are widely usd throughout the European Steel Industry, Ports and Harbours and other Industrial Applications, such as:
- Overhead Cranes
- Ship to Shore Cranes
- Rail Mounted Gantries
- Steel Plant Cranes
- Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes
Arcelor Mittal, Arbed, Aceralia (Sidmar, Cockerill, Eko Stahl, Sollac, Ugine)
Thyssen Krupp Stahl (TKS) (HKM)
Dillinger Hütte (Rogesa, ZKS), – Ispat, – Saarstahl, – Tata Steel UK
The constructors of new equipment as travelling-, port-, portal-, container- cranes as Caillard, Konecranes, Peiner, Kranbau Köthen, Noell, Eiffel, Fayat Group, Joseph Paris, Mague